Testing that Reaches the World
Hydraulics & Pneumatics
Clark Testing has been active in testing hydraulic-pneumatic components and systems for over 20 years. Products tested range from automotive fuel filters to 15 inch diameter hydraulic actuators. A large selection of equipment, instrumentation and test benches are available to support your testing program. Component performance can be evaluated over a temperature range of -346° F to +600° F.
Clark Testing hydraulics and pneumatics testing is primarily suited for applications in aerospace, automotive, heavy equipment, military, nuclear, power generation, and rail and transportation. However, we are constantly expanding our services, so contact us with your needs for customized hydraulic and pneumatic test programs.
- Actuators: proof pressure, burst, piston drag, cyclic (stroke) endurance, impulse endurance
- Valves: performance and durability
- Oil Coolers / Heat Exchangers: pressure drop, pressure, burst and / or shock
- Accumulators (Piston, Bladder, & Diaphragm): proof pressure, burst, impulse endurance, performance
- Hydraulic Cylinder / Actuators Rod Seals & Wipers: endurance per SAE J134
- Hoses, Tubing, & Fittings: proof pressure, burst, impulse endurance
- Pumps & Motors: performance and durability
- System Simulation: field duty cycles, accelerated testing, failure analysis
- System Evaluation: on-vehicle performance, prototype testing, efficiency studies, lubrication studies
Above testing can be combined with thermal cycling and aging
Hydraulic-Pneumatic Laboratory Test Thresholds
Hydraulic Power Supplies with:
- Flows to 400 gpm.
- Fluid temperatures to 300°F+
- Pressures to 30K psi static and 16K psi dynamic
Thermal Chambers with:
- Temperature range from -346°F to +600°F
- Humidity to 95%
- Multiple chamber sizes to 16 ft. x 16 ft. or customized to your needs
Electro-Hydraulic Fatigue Testing Systems:
- Rotary actuators with capacity to 3 million inches / pound and +50° rotation
- Linear actuators with capacity to 1 million lbs.
- Large assortment of pressure, flow, torque, speed, load, temperature, displacement, and acceleration transducers
Clark’s hydraulics testing laboratory provides burst pressure testing services in accordance with ISO 17025 standards. A burst test is a type of test where the component is pressurized to a point where it can no longer contain the pressure and then fails catastrophically and bursts, releasing the pressure. A burst test can help determine the pressure at which a component will start to deform plastically or irreversibly. This information is very useful for engineers in designing parts and choosing materials. This testing can also help refine and validate FEA models and find flaws in manufacturing processes.
Clark’s hydraulics testing laboratory provides proof pressure testing services in accordance with ISO 17025 standards. A proof pressure test is a type of non-destructive test where the component is pressurized to a determined pressure and held there in order to verify that the component can withstand the pressure. The pressure requirement is usually two to six times the normal operating pressure, and the failure criteria usually include leaking or deformation of the part. Proof testing can verify the maximum pressure safety factor is being met and help meet other quality and safety specifications.
Clark’s hydraulics testing laboratory provides impulse pressure testing services in accordance with ISO 17025 standards. An impulse pressure test, or a pressure fatigue test is the cyclic application of pressure on a component in a controlled manner. The goal of this type of testing is often to determine the pressure fatigue endurance of the part which correlates to the expected lifespan of the part. This can be helpful during the development of a new part for it to be approved for use, or in periodic QA checks of production parts. This testing is often ended when the part begins to leak past the seals or through a crack in the pressure vessel.