Testing that Reaches the World
Clark Testing has a long history of testing mechanical actuators and valve actuators for Nuclear, Petrochemical, Marine, Steel and other industrial applications. We test hydraulic, pneumatic, manual and Motor Operated Valves (MOV’s).
Clark’s has the capabilities to simulate the full complement of environmental conditions to accelerated life cycle aging of valve actuators and mechanical actuators. Testing is completed under Clark’s ISO 17025-2017 quality program.
Valve Actuator Testing:
- Motor Operated Valves (MOV)
- Hydraulic Valves
- Air Operated Pneumatic Valves
- Manual Valves
- Limit switches and other monitoring devices
- Actuated spring-return or double acting
- Valve body specified to meet the functional requirements for its applications
Mechanical Actuator and Valve Actuator Testing Services Include:
- Seismic IEEE Qualification
- Vibration including Random Input Motion (RIM)
- Thermal/Climactics (heat, cold, humidity)
- Cyclical Aging
- Torque load
- Torque switch settings
- Stall Capability
- Gear Efficiency
Specifications and certifications for valve actuator testing:
- CSA C22.2 Verification and validation of torque output
- EN 15714-1:2009 “Industrial valves - Actuators - Part 1 : terminology and definitions"
- EN 15714-2:2009 “Industrial valves - Actuators - Part 2 : electric actuators for industrial valves – Basic requirements
- EN 15714-3:2009 “Industrial valves - Actuators - Part 3 : pneumatic part-turn actuators for industrial valves - Basic requirements”
- EN 15714-4:2009 “Industrial valves - Actuators - Part 4 : hydraulic part-turn actuators for industrial valves - Basic requirements”
- ISO 22153:2020 Electric actuators for industrial valves – General requirements
- ISA96.01 Basic requirements for valve actuators and accessories
- ISA96.02 Requirements for electric valve actuators on-off duty and modulating applications
- ISA96.03 Pneumatic valve actuators; single/double-acting types for on-off applications
- ISA96.04 Hydraulic valve actuators single/double-acting, on-off & modulating applications
- ISA96.05 Stroke testing of block valve actuators in Safety Instrumented System (SIS) applications
Clark Testing Seismic Testing Laboratory primary Seismic tri-axial shake table is comprised of a 10 x 10 hexagon plate operating on an independent tri-axial hydraulic system. Clark Testing Seismic table is capable of performing seismic testing of large packages up to 20,000 lbs. (total test specimen weight including all fixtures) with ZPA of 1G. Higher ZPA's are achieved with lower weight.
Clark Dynamics has the environmental chambers to accelerate aging and validate functional performance for longer plant-life expectancy. Clark can accommodate large component aging for extended periods simulating containment internal conditions as high as 170C.
Shock and Vibration
Clark Testing’s Vibration laboratory has multiple hydraulic and electrodynamic shakers making Clark Testing the ideal fit for all your testing needs. Our Vibration laboratorys' investment in new equipment has led to Clark Testing being an industry leader in Vibration Testing.
Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)
Common to automated systems and electronics in the industry is the requirement to ensure electromagnetic compatibility of components and mitigate vulnerability to outside sources. Emissions and Immunity analysis provides insight as to the potentially undesirable propagation and reception of electromagnetic energy and radiofrequency interference.